The Australian Osteopathic Accreditation Council (AOAC) is seeking Expressions of Interest for Board Directors to fill several vacancies on its Board.
This is your opportunity to contribute to the strategic development of accreditation and assessment of the osteopathy profession. AOAC is seeking suitable candidates for a three-year term with the appropriate skills in one or more of the following areas: Financial Acumen, First Nations, and Osteopathic Education.
- Health Industry accreditation and assessment knowledge or experience; particularly as it applies to osteopathy.
- Knowledge of a Director’s responsibilities – including understanding the role of a director and the legal, ethical, fiduciary, and financial responsibilities.
- Governance and strategic performance – ensuring effective Board governance and strategic performance processes are in place and contributing to the high performance of the Board.
- Financial acumen – comprehending the company’s accounts and financial material presented to the Board, financial reporting requirements, and some understanding of corporate finance and risk management.
- Strategic expertise – reviewing the Company’s strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion, contributing to the effective decision-making of the Board, and identifying risks that may arise.
- Managing people and achieving change – experience in current management disciplines and practices on employment, branding, engagement, strategic vision, and stakeholder communication.
- Director Identification Number
Expressions of interest are to be emailed to AOAC’s Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: COB Friday 16 Jun 2023